Safety & Health Policy
SAFETY & HEALTH POLICY
Caracal places people first and puts the highest priority on safe and healthy work practices and systems. Our business principles and policies are based on targeting the achievement of a “zero harm” performance.
Our values and business principles on safety and health underpin this policy and represent the minimum guidelines for the Company in this respect. Our safety and health commitments are:
- We are committed to complying with applicable occupational health and safety laws, regulations and standards. In the absence of such standards, leading practice will be adopted.
- We are committed to establishing a working environment that is conducive to safety and health. The management of occupational safety and health is a prime responsibility of line management, from the executive level to the first line supervisory level.
- We will promote involvement and consultation with employees or their representatives to gain commitment in the implementation of our occupational safety and health principles.
- We will empower our people and their representatives to take responsibility for their own safety and health and that of their colleagues and participate in inspection and audits, training and education, grievance mechanisms, and the right to refuse unsafe work.
- We will ensure that appropriate health and safety training and personal protective equipment is provided to our own employees and (where relevant) to contractors, suppliers and business partners.
- We are committed to providing all necessary resources and personal protective equipment to enable compliance with these principles.
- We will not tolerate or condone deliberate breaches in standards and procedures.
- We will implement safety management systems based on internationally recognised standards and we will assess the effectiveness of these systems through periodic audits.
- We will conduct the necessary risk assessments to anticipate, minimise and control occupational hazards and will promote initiatives to continuously reduce the safety and health risks associated with our business activities.
- We will monitor the effects of our operational activities on the safety and health of our employees, contractors, suppliers and business partners, and we will conduct regular internal and third-party performance reviews.
- We will communicate openly on safety and health issues with employees and other stakeholders.
We will ensure that employees at all levels receive appropriate training and are competent to carry out their duties and responsibilities.
This Code applies to all directors, officers, employees and consultants of the Company and its subsidiaries (“Company Personnel”).
The Board of Directors of the Company will review and evaluate this policy on an annual basis to determine its efficacy.
Approval date: 12th June 2023