Caracal has built a Board of senior mining executives with extensive corporate, technical and financial backgrounds in publicly listed companies globally.
• Over 20 years experience in the mining and exploration industry.
• Involved in the management of exploration, development and financing of projects in over 15 African countries for both private and listed companies.
Mr. Riaan Lombard
Executive Director and COO
• Qualified mining engineer and native of Namibia with 25 years of experience across a multitude of senior management and technical roles and a diverse range of commodity projects in West Africa, East Africa, and South America
• Held the role of General Manager of Caracal’s fully owned subsidiary Kilimapesa Gold (Pty) Ltd, since February 2022
Simon Games Thomas
• Over 28 years sales, trading, lending and structured financing in precious metals, metals, energy, agriculture, and environmental commodity markets.
• Senior positions with major international investment and commercial banks
• Over 34 years experience in the mining and related financial industry.
• Qualified Mining Engineer with financial markets, as mining equity analyst on the JSE and mining corporate finance in South Africa and UK with major global investment banks.
H.E. Ambassador Hon Dan Kazungu EGH
• Extensive government and corporate experience.
• Previously Kenya High Commissioner to Tanzania and Cabinet Minister for Mining in the government of Kenya, spearheading mining and business reforms.
• Over 10 years corporate experience working at IBM and Lenovo across East Africa.
Ms Rachel Johnston
• Wealth of experience, having worked in various roles across Africa’s mining sector over a ten-year period.
• Independent consultant on sustainability across the continent - previously Group CSR Manager at tier-one gold producer Endeavour Mining.
• Strong focus on social, environmental, health and safety management and community engagement.
Mr. Stefan Mülller
• Experienced financial markets & investment banking professional with over 25 years’ experience (incl. Dresdner Kleinwort Benson, Sal Oppenheim & Proprietary Partners AG)
• Founder & CEO of DGWA, a German Investment Banking Boutique
• Member of several national & international advisory boards, including the German Federation of International Mining and Mineral Resources
• Extensive corporate and financial experience having supported over 250 capital market transactions during his career