Caracal has built a Board of senior mining executives with extensive corporate, technical and financial backgrounds in publicly listed companies globally.
Simon Games Thomas
• 28 years’ sales, trading, lending and structured financing in precious metals, metals, energy, agriculture, and environmental commodity markets
• Senior positions held with major international investment and commercial banks
• 20 years’ experience in the mining and exploration industry
• Involved in the management of exploration, development and financing of projects in over 15 African countries for both private and listed companies
• 34 years’ experience in the mining and related financial industry
• Qualified Mining Engineer with financial markets, as mining equity analyst on the JSE and mining corporate finance in South Africa, and UK with JPMorganChase, Investec and Standard Bank.
• Former CEO and current non-executive director of AIM-listed Goldplat plc
• Former CEO and President of a privately owned Canadian exploration company with projects in East Africa
• 30 years’ experience in corporate finance advising and raising capital for companies in the natural resources, mining and exploration, power generation and biotechnology sector
• Senior positions with public companies in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom
• 25 years’ corporate finance experience focussed on venture capital and private equity
• Director of AIM-listed companies and chartered accountant with Arthur Andersen, Creditanstalt-Bankverein Merchant Banking and Touche Ross Corporate Finance