Caracal has built a Board of senior mining executives with extensive corporate, technical and financial backgrounds in publicly listed companies globally.
Simon Games Thomas
• 28 years’ sales, trading, lending and structured financing in precious metals, metals, energy, agriculture, and environmental commodity markets
• Senior positions held with major international investment and commercial banks
• 20 years’ experience in the mining and exploration industry
• Involved in the management of exploration, development and financing of projects in over 15 African countries for both private and listed companies
• 34 years’ experience in the mining and related financial industry
• Qualified Mining Engineer with financial markets, as mining equity analyst on the JSE and mining corporate finance in South Africa, and UK with JPMorganChase, Investec and Standard Bank.
• Former CEO and current non-executive director of AIM-listed Goldplat plc
• Former CEO and President of a privately owned Canadian exploration company with projects in East Africa
H.E. Ambassador Hon Dan Kazungu EGH
•Former Kenya High Commissioner to Tanzania, where he carried out an exemplary tour of duty.
•Served as Cabinet Minister for Mining in the Government of Kenya.
•Member of Parliament for the Malindi constituency in his native Kenya for a three-year period.
•His corporate experience spans over 10 years working at tech companies IBM and Lenovo.
Ms Rachel Johnston
•Wealth of experience, having worked in various roles across Africa’s mining sector over a ten-year period.
•Independent consultant on sustainability across the continent.
•Previous roles held include Group CSR Manager at tier-one gold producer Endeavour Mining.
•Strong focus on social, environmental, health and safety management and community engagement.